You might be wondering, what's it really like at St Andrew's Church? To put it simply, we're all about Jesus. You won't be met with shame, guilt, or condemnation. Our church is made up of imperfect people with every kind of story imaginable. No matter what you've been through or what questions you might have about God and faith, our church is a place where you'll find the love, grace, and forgiveness Jesus gives to everyone. What's more, we'd love to offer you a free gift. Simply fill out the short form on the subscribe tab and we'll send out your gift! NOTE: We value your privacy and would never spam you.
St Andrew's is located at 160 Vulture St, South Brisbane.
- There are two car parks - the top carpark is entered from Vulture St and the bottom car park from Ernest Street. Parking onsite is free on Sundays if you are attending church.
- The church is also close to Southbank rail and bus stations.
- St Andrew’s has wheelchair access.
- Bicycles can be chained against the railing next to the church hall.
- Sunday services are at 8:30 & 10:30 am and 6:30 pm. Services last 1-1.5 hrs.
- Morning tea is served in the Hall after the 8:30 and 10:30 services.
- There is a creche and Sunday School at the morning services during term time.
- If you have questions, please phone Alan or Ian on 3844 3808.
There are churches dotted around the landscape, all over the world. Every Sunday Christians come to attend services. Many other things also happen in and around a church. So what’s it all about? Why do they do it? A church can be a building. More importantly, it describes the group of Christians gathered in that building. When the Bible mentions a church it always means the group of Christians, not the building they happen to be in. Local groups of Christians form churches to help and encourage each other in their lives as Christians. Churches also allow Christians to organise themselves to help the community and tell the community about Christianity. Christianity is a system of belief centred on Jesus Christ. It is also a life centred on Jesus Christ. To understand Christianity you must start with Jesus. Jesus lived almost 2000 years ago in what is now Israel. You can read about his life in the four gospels of the Bible. Christians believe that Jesus is God. Click here to find out the central message of the Bible: the good news about Jesus. Or check out this short video which explains the Bible in 3 Minutes or The Gospel in 90 seconds.
- Know Jesus, the only Son of God and follow his teachings and example
- Make and nurture followers of Jesus
- Build a diverse community united in Jesus
- Proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so that we will gather, know, grow, give and go.
- Worship, Learning and Discipling, Outreach, Fellowship, Pastoral Care, Planning and Development, Administration and Resources
Our Values are based on reading and learning from God's word, the BibleSo we seek to . . .
- become like Christ in all we are and do
- learn of God's love and grace, being moved by the Holy Spirit grow as disciples of Jesus
- serve God in our Church, our local community and beyond
- worship God who brings us together in peace through the Spirit
Rev. Alan Moore Minister/Rector
Rev. Ian McGrath Associate Minister
Sophie Jung: Office Administrator (and Organist part-time)
If you would like more information please contact us. Office Hours: 9am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday. Out of Office Hours please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Phone: 07 3844 3808 Church Office: 160 Vulture St, South Brisbane, Queensland, 4101.
- Communion service using the Liturgy from 1978 An Australian Prayer Book.
- St Andrew’s Choir during school term.
- Sunday School: For 3-13 years old, Kindy and Primary during school term.
- Morning Tea is in the Club Room beneath the Church after the service.
- We have large-print service sheets at this service.
10:30 am is an informal service for all ages. (NO SERVICE ON 22 December. Combined Carols Service at 8:30 am)
Sunday School: for children 3-13 years old during school term.
Communion: Third Sunday of every month.
- 6.30 pm is an informal gathering meeting the needs of those in the community with little church experience.
- This service is in the Club Room under the church.
- Communion: The First Sunday of every month.
A service to thank God for the lives of deceased family and friends especially those who have died in that month. The service is in the Chapel of Remembrance under the church.
Please fill out the form and we'll send out your gift!
NOTE: We value your privacy and would never spam you