You might be wondering, what’s it really like at St Andrew’s Church? To put it simply, we’re all about Jesus. Knowing Jesus and Making Him Known. That sums up what our mission is at St Andrew’s. So, you won’t be met with shame, guilt, or condemnation. There is enough of that in the world already! We are real people – imperfect people with every kind of story imaginable. It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through or what questions you might have about God and faith, St Andrew’s is a place where you’ll find the love, grace, and forgiveness Jesus gives to everyone.
St Andrew’s is located at 160 Vulture St, South Brisbane.
- There are two car parks – the top car-park is entered from Vulture St and the bottom car park from Ernest Street. Parking onsite is free on Sundays if you are attending church.
- The church is also close to Southbank rail and bus stations.
- St Andrew’s has wheelchair access.
- Bicycles can be chained against the railing next to the church hall.
- Sunday services are at 8:30 & 10:30 am and 6:30 pm. Services last 1-1.5 hrs.
- Morning tea is served in the Hall after the 8:30 and 10:30 services.
- There is a creche and Sunday School at the morning services during term time.
- If you have questions, please phone Alan or Ian on 3844 3808.
Knowing Jesus and Making Him Known.
OUR VALUES ARE BASED ON …
reading and learning from God’s word, the Bible
We . . .
aim to become Christ-like in all we are and do
learn of God’s love and grace and are moved by the Holy Spirit
seek to grow as disciples of Jesus
we seek to serve God in our church, our local community and beyond
worship God who brings us together in peace through the Spirit
Christianity is a system of belief centred on Jesus Christ. It is also a life centred on Jesus Christ. To understand Christianity you must start with Jesus. You can read about his life in the four gospels of the Bible. Christians believe that Jesus is God. Click here to find out the central message of the Bible: the good news about Jesus. Or check out this short video which explains the Bible in 3 Minutes or The Gospel in 90 seconds.
- Communion service
- St Andrew’s Choir during school term.
- Sunday School: For 3-13 years old, Kindy and Primary during school term.
- Morning Tea is in the air conditioned Hall after the service.
- We have large-print service sheets at this service.
- An informal service for all ages.
- Sunday School: for children 3-13 years old during school term.
- Communion: Third Sunday of every month.
- A very informal gathering meeting the needs of those in the community with little church experience.
- Held in the Club Room under the church.
- Communion: First Sunday of every month.
9:45 am Remembrance Service (First Sunday)
A service to thank God for the lives of deceased family and friends especially those who have died in that month. Held in the Chapel of Remembrance under the church.
- If you would like more information please contact us.
- Office Hours: 9am to 1.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Out of Office Hours please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Phone: 07 3844 3808
- Church Office: 160 Vulture St, South Brisbane, Queensland, 4101.
- Email: St Andrew’s Office
- Weekly News is available in print or via email.
Sophie Jung: Office Administrator (and Organist part-time)